Microsoft has released new version of in-console update 1910 for SCCM Current Branch. This is the first version of the new Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, We can apply this update on sites that run version on 1806 or later.
In this post i will be implementing SCCM 1910 Upgrade as in-console update from SCCM 1906 version.
SCCM 1910 New Features
As part of the new features:
- Configuration Manager is now part of Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
- Configuration Manager
- Desktop Analytics
- Other features in the Device Management Admin Console
- Deploy Microsoft Edge, version 77 and later
- Search the task sequence editor
- Copy and paste task sequence conditions
- Task Sequence download on demand over the internet
- Import a single index of an OS Upgrade package
- Improved language support in task sequence
- Office 365 ProPlus Pilot and Health Dashboard
SCCM 1910 Upgrade Prerequisites
- Update 1910 for Configuration Manager current branch is available as an in-console update. There is no SCCM 1910 baseline version.
- To apply this update on your sites, ensure you have installed SCCM version 1806 or later.
- If you’re running a multi-tier hierarchy, start at the top-level site in the hierarchy. First perform the CAS upgrade, later you can begin the upgrade of each child site. Complete the upgrade of each site before you begin to upgrade the next site.
- Ensure that you are running a supported Operating System and SQL Server version.
Get Configuration Manager 1910 Update in Console
In order to get the Configuration Manager 1910 Update in Console, Please follow the below link
Begin the installation
Once you complete enable early update process as per above link, We will be able to see “Configuration Manager 1910” under “Updates and Servicing”, running of script also starts executing the update which can be monitored through dmpdownloader.log and the location of update will be: <Installed Drive>\Microsoft Configuration Manager\EasySetupPayload\ <Filename.Cab>
It will initially download in cab format as per screenshot below, Once cab file is downloaded, it will extract the content with same folder. Original downloaded cab file will be deleted.
You can also monitor prerequisite check by going to Monitoring / Update and Servicing Status, right-click your Update Name and select Show Status
Once update is download, We will see the status as “Ready to Install” for “Configuration Manager 1910” .
Now Select “configuration Manager 1910” -Right Click and select “Run Prerequisite Check”.
Once Checking Prerequisites complete, Now Select “configuration Manager 1910” -Right Click and Run “Install Update Pack”.
This will initiate “Configuration Manager Updates Wizard”. Ignore the Prerequisite warnings and select next.
Under “Features included in update pack”, check boxes on the features you want to enable during the update
Next screen shows Client Update Settings, its always better to use option “Validate in pre-production collection” so that you can test new client agent on few systems before rolling out in production. Here i have selected “Upgrade without validating”
On the License Terms tab, accept the license terms and click Next
On the Summary tab, review your choices, click Next and close the wizard on the Completion tab. This will take some time to update SCCM.
Installation can be verified through cmupdate.log as well.
Once installation is done, and you try to open the SCCM console, this will ask you to update your console. Click ok to continue. New console version is 5.1910.1067.1600. which will uninstall old console version.
Downloading & installation of console can be verified through log file c:\ConfigMgrAdminUISetupVerbose.log
Once completed you can verify the site version and control version by clicking “About Configuration Manager”