SCCM Distribution point maintenance mode is a new feature available from SCCM 1902. We can set a distribution point in maintenance mode. Enable maintenance mode when you’re installing software updates, or making hardware changes to the server.
While the distribution point is in maintenance mode, it has the following behaviors:
- The site doesn’t distribute any content to it.
- Management points don’t return the location of this distribution point to clients.
- When you update the site, a distribution point in maintenance mode still updates.
- The distribution point properties are read-only. For example, you can’t change the certificate or add boundary groups.
- Any scheduled task, like content validation, still runs on the same schedule.
Enable SCCM DP Maintenance Mode
- In the SCCM console
- Go to Administration / Distribution Points
- Right-click the desired distribution point and click Enable Maintenance Mode
At the warning click Ok to confirm that you want to enable Maintenance Mode
Now the Maintenance Mode Enabled
We can see more details in status messages
- MessageID 40411 is message about enabling maintenance mode
- MessageID 40412 is messages about disabling maintenance mode
The distmgr log file will show that the distribution point is in Maintenance Mode.